Sunday, March 14, 2010

Toilets & Birthday Parties

I always like seeing the toilets in different countries, different hostels, and different houses. The flushing mechanism is always in a different place. Pull Cords, buttons on all sides, levers, and anything you can think of. However, this one takes the cake. Cut a hole in the wall above the toilet where the plumbing is and pull up on the lever!


On a side note, Uruguay and Argentina seem to have bidets everywhere, literally, but I didn't notice any in Brazil or Lima.

I don't know how I always manage to get myself into these great situations, but last night I went to a birthday party in Maipu, Argentina last night with about 30 Argentinians, in the front yard of someones home. There was a great asado with various cuts of meat and chorizo, a 20 pack of silly string involved for some post asado chaos, music and dancing, and lots of beer and Fernet provided. Hadn't had Fernet before, but they mixed it with Coke and it tasted like cough syrup. No English speakers present, but all super nice people. Needless to say, I was dropped off at my hostel at 6:30 am the next morning. Phew.

With Ulises (from Rotaract), post silly string.


One of the hosts, who was most certainly hammered and very jolly:


Argentinian Fernet:


Chaos continues, I certainly was not exempt from this:


In all his glory (Ok, he posed a bit for this, but still, its funny):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment!