Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Microwaveable Haggis!

Here is a step by step pictorial tutorial on how to make and eat microwaveable Haggis.

Let me preface this by saying, so far I like haggis, for the most part.

With that said, this microwaveable haggis, recommended to me by George, was suprisingly good, despite the fact that foods in the nuker are usually pretty awful.

1) Admire store-bought haggis. Cringe in thinking I'll eat microwaveable Haggis.


2) Unwrap Haggis. Place on cutting board for examination, photos, and dissection:


3) Cut off rivets and unwrap haggis from casing:



4) Begin cutting haggis:


5) Remember haggis should be eaten with mashed potatoes. Thankfully I have some potatoes. Throw some in the pot and boil them. Hope I have enough butter and milk.


6) Re-read instructions:


7) After starting tatties on the boiler and re reading instructions, continue the haggis cutting:


8) Cook in microwave for 3 minutes. Take out. Stir and break all the haggis up. Nuke it again for 3 more minutes. Bam, your done!


9) Almost ready. At this point, wish I had turnips to make it a complete Scottish meal. Then realize, I've never bought turnips my entire life, so all is normal.


10) Plate the amazingly nourishing and warm bodied meal and enjoy:


The end. You can officially make haggis like a pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment!